Here are some world map based geography quiz questions for kids and parents . Quiz is a great way for parents and kids to engage with each other in a fun way. Answers to the Quiz are at the end of the page
1. Which is the only country in the world to lie in all 4 hemispheres?
2. Many civilizations have flourished around rivers. But can you name the largest country with no rivers flowing through it?
3. This Incan monument is part of the new Seven Wonders of the World list. Which monument are we talking about and in which country is it located
4. Here is a relatively simple one. Which is the world’s longest river and how many countries does it flow through?
5. This country is home to the world’s deepest cave. It is also known for its very famous bread called Khachapuri. What country are we talking about
6. Name the country in Africa that is completely land locked by a single country.
7.One of the symbols of this European country is a rooster. This country also houses the largest art museum in the world. Name the country and the Museum
8. When completed in 1859, its clock was the largest and most accurate four-faced striking and chiming clock in the world. Can you name which clock we are talking about and where is it located.
9. This Asian country is the largest exporter of cashew nuts.
10. The national flag of this country is not a quadrilateral. It is infact two “ triangles” put together. Name this country and its capital
11. In which country is the world’s longest railway line located and what is the name of this line
12. This one is a map lovers delight. Name the three countries that border spain. And yes, there are three and not two ?
13. Cartoons or animated films are every kid’s delight . Often, even adults love watching an episode or two. But do you know in which country the world’s first animated film was produced?
14. A city is defined by its book stores. This city is famous for the world’s oldest book store called Livraria Bertrand, founded in 1732 .Can you name the city and the country in which it is located?
15. A tale of two cities, 1859 historical novel by Charles Dickens is set in two European cities. Can you name the two cities?
16. No post card of Japan is complete without this Geographical feature of the country. This is the highest peak in the country. Which mountain are we talking about
17. This is the largest Portuguese speaking country in South America.
18. This is the only country in the world where both the lion and tiger can be found in the wild
19. The Statue of Liberty was given as a gift to the United States by which county?
20. Greenland belongs to the realm of which country?
Some products from our portfolio that we think will delight you.
Answers to the World Map Quiz Edition 1
1. Kiribati .
It is the only country in the world to be part of all of the earth’s 4 hemispheres. Kiribati is an island nation in Oceania. The country comprises of 33 islands in the Pacific Ocean.The equator passes through it and so does the longitude 180 degree. Therefore Kiribati is part of all 4 hemispheres and the only country in the world to have that distinction
2. Saudi Arabia
There are around 20 countries in the world without any rivers flowing through them, but Saudi Arabia happens to have the distinction of the largest country in this list.
3. We are talking about Machu Pichu . It is located in present day Peru. It is one of the most familiar icons of Incan civilization. Many archeologists also refer to it as the “ Lost City of the Incas”. It is believed to have been constructed by Inca emperor Pachacuti (1438–1472)
4. The Amazon river. It originates in the Andes mountains in Peru and passes through Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Bolivia, and Brazil . It empties into the Atlantic Ocean
5. We are talking about Georgia and it is home to the world’s deepest caves, Veryovkina Cave, which is 2212 mts deep.
6.Lesotho and it is locked by South Africa on all sides. Lesotho is an enclaved country. There are two other countries that are completely enclaved. San Marino and Vatican are enclaveed by Italy.
7. France. The Gallic Rooster happens to be the national symbol of France. The largest art museum in world is The Louvre, in Paris, It has nearly 73,000 square meters of exhibition space.
8.The Big Ben and it is located in London. The tower was designed by Augustus Pugin in a neo-Gothic style
9.If you answered India, you are wrong. Vietnam happens to be largest exporter of cashew nuts
10.Nepal. Nepal’s capital is Kathmandu.
11. The Trans-Siberian Railway (the Moscow-Vladivostok line), spanning a length of 9,289km, is the longest and one of the busiest railway lines in the world
12.Portugal , France and a tiny Principality of Andorra. Andorra is a small country known for its ski resorts
13.The first cartoon was created in France in the year 1908. Fantasmagorie created by French cartoonist Emile Cole is considered to be the oldest cartoon in the world
14.The world’s oldest book store is located in Portugal's capital city Lisbon
15.London and Paris
16.Mount Fuji, is the highest mountain in Japan
17.Brazil. Brazil's official language is Portuguese
18.India. India has a sizeable population of the tigers. The last remaining population of the Asiatic lions in Gir Forest in the state of Gujarat
19.France, The Statue of Liberty was given as a gift by the French people to America, commemorating the alliance of France and the United States during the American Revolution.
20.Denmark.While Greenland has its own extensive local government, it belongs to the realm of Denmark
How did you do?
If you got 20/20 – either you googled or you are a Geography genius waiting to be hired by our team
16-19 – Excellent
12 – 14 - Above Average.