Uttar Pradesh Cool Facts For Kids - If you are looking at a short summary of all States of India, monuments, take a look at our Flash Cards/ Quiz Cards
Uttar Pradesh is a state in northern India, bordered by Nepal. With over 200 million people, it is the most populated state in India as well as the most populous country subdivision in the world
Here are some other cool facts about the state of India,
Uttar Pradesh Intro
- The state is divided into 18 divisions and 75 districts, with the state capital being Lucknow
- Uttar Pradesh, with a total area of 243,290 square kilometres.
- India's fourth-largest state in terms of land area and is roughly of same size as United Kingdom.
- It shares an international boundary with Nepal
- The state is sometimes called the 'Hindi heartland of India.
- Hindi became the language of state administration with the Uttar Pradesh Official Language Act of 1951.
- Urdu is given the status of a second official language
- Uttar Pradesh, the most populous state in India
Uttar Pradesh GEOGRAPHY
- The Himalayas border the state on the north, but the plains that cover most of the state are distinctly different from those high mountains
- The two major rivers of the state, the Ganges and its tributary Yamuna, meet at the Triveni Sangam in Prayagraj.
- The forest cover in the state is 6.1 per cent of the state's geographical area
Uttar Pradesh CLIMATE
- Uttar Pradesh has a humid subtropical climate
- The winter in January and February is followed by summer between March and May and the monsoon season between June and September.
- Summers are extreme with temperatures fluctuating anywhere between 0 °C and 50 °C in parts of the state coupled with dry hot winds called the Loo
Uttar Pradesh ECONOMY
- Agriculture is the leading occupation in Uttar Pradesh and plays a vital role in the economic development of the state
- About 70% of India's sugar comes from Uttar Pradesh. Sugarcane is the most important cash crop as the state is country's largest producer of sugar
- Major manufacturing products include engineering products, electronics, electrical equipment, cables, steel, leather, textiles, jewellery, frigates, automobiles, railway coaches, and wagons
- Meerut is the sports capital of India and also a jewellery hub.
Uttar Pradesh Food
- Uttar pradesh, like any other north indian thali, consists of roti (flatbread), chawal, dal, sabji, raita and papad.
- Lassi (yogurt-based) and chaach (traditional buttermilk) are most favoured drink in Uttar Pradesh
If you would like to buy our Flash Cards For Kids on Indian States - Click Here. In the Image the Picture depitcs the States of India Creative Brain Flash Card Series
BLOG CONTRIBUTED BY:
Vineeta Thomas has extensive experience in the education section. She has worked in the spaces of community development and action research. She has extensive exposure to training teachers from the Corporation schools and low-income private schools. She has worked with parents, students, and school leaders on various skill development and leadership programs. She also writes as a freelancer in the area of parenting and child development. Currently, working as a Program Manager, she helps develop, curate, and deliver teacher training workshops across the country to empower educators with 21st-century skills.
She has worked with parents, students, and school leaders on various skill development and leadership programs. She also writes as a freelancer in the area of parenting and child development.