The above creative is from the Flash Card Images from our Creative Brain Flash card series. These are intended as Activity Flashcards for kids. Kids can play a Guess who Animal game with it
10 cool Facts for Kids on Sharks:
1.Sharks don’t have Bones!! They are fish made of cartilaginous tissues. This is the same stuff that your ears and nose are made of. Their cartilaginous skeletons are much lighter than true bone. This helps them be more Buoyant in water.Although Shark have only Cartilages they can still fossilize because as they grow old the Sharks deposit more and more calcium in the cartilages to strengthen them and this helps in the fossilization process
2.Sharks are not always humungous: Not all sharks are giant man eating ones like we see in popular TV cartoon shows for kids. There are sharks that can fit inside an adult human beings palm. The smallest shark called the dwarf lantern shark can grow only up to 17 cms in length
3.Not all Sharks live in salt water. Some sharks live in the fresh water rivers too
4. Sharks get a 6/6 on eyesight. Sharks have extremely good eyesight. They can see clearly underwater and also see colours.
5. Shark Skin is like Sand Paper. This is because Shark skin is made up of tiny teeth-like structures called placoid scales. These scales point towards the tail and help reduce friction from surrounding water when the shark swims.
6. We know that Dolphins use Electro Magenetic Rays to communicate and locate each other. But did you know that even sharks use this. Sharks have small black spots near the nose, eyes, and mouth. These are special electroreceptor organs that allow the shark to sense electromagnetic fields and temperature shifts in the ocean.
7. Sharks are older than even trees. Sharks have existed for more than 450 million years . The earliest tree, lived around 350 million years ago. Sharks are 100 million years older than the oldest trees. Sharks are also one of the only animals to have survived four of the five mass extinctions. Talk about survival skills
8. Tiger Sharks will eat almost anything!! From license plates to Video Cameras
9. Shark babies are known as Pups. A blue shark can have a litter of up to 135 babies. The Tiger shark is known to have lesser babies in the litter, this is because the bigger embryo eats up the smaller ones! This Strategy allows the tiger shark to have bigger pups
10. The Carcharodon megalodon, which first appeared about 16 million years ago, grew to 55 feet long and weighed as much 25 tons, before going extinct about 2.5 million years ago
At ekdali, we belive that family members need to build conversations with one another to have a healthy relationship . Parent to child two conversation is the single most important tool in early child development. However, as parents we often struggle to build conversations with kids, our Flash cards are designed to have conversations about the Animal, ecology and environment between parent and child. This is a great way for families to stay away from the screen
Do check them here - FLASH CARDS